Monday, January 12, 2009

Introducing Roxanne of ZenYarnGarden.com

Hello everyone! My name is Roxanne and I am your Fiber Barista from Ontario, Canada and the fiber artist behind ZenYarnGarden.com. I'm really excited to be a part of this wonderful group of fellow dyers who are all going to bring you a little piece of home with yarn included!

As for me, I started dyeing yarn in late 2005 and am pleased to say that I am now in my 4th year of creating colours! My goal, as a dyer, is to create colourways that inspire the knitter within each of us. As a fiber artist, I believe that colour speaks to us on many levels not only from how it affects our moods but also to how it affects what we are inspired to knit. My hope is that all the colourways I create are tools of inspiration for each and every knitter that has bought one of my yarns. Currently, I'm very much into spinning so I have also taken up dyeing fibres in colourways to inspire everyone's inner spinner! Colour is my motivation and is what keeps me going from day to day!

Here's a little sampling of some of my work:



For this club, I already have ideas brewing for what I'm going to be sending to everyone and it will be a nice representation of my home province of Ontario, Canada. Won't you join us? This is going to be a lot of fun!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Tempting us with fibres now, too, Roxanne? I have enough trouble resisting your yarns : ))

Debbie
x

RoxanneZYG said...

LOL! Oh yes :)

Ruth said...

Those reds! Gimme those reds!

RoxanneZYG said...

They are yours Ruth :) LOL

baresheep said...

just saw all of the yummy yarn. Awesome Roxanne!!

RoxanneZYG said...

Thanks Jenny :)