Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introducing Ruth of PennyRose Yarns

My name is Ruth, I live in New Jersey, and I'm a retired librarian with a new career: dyeing and selling yarn. This is my second year in business and I've enjoyed every minute of it. My shop is here on Etsy: http://fritzl.etsy.com

Color is how I express myself. When I go to a museum, I am caught first by the colors of a painting. I can almost taste color. So here I am, in this amazing new career. Retirement doesn't get any better than this: playing with color, knitting up my yarns, and then dyeing more. It is such a joy to take a palette of colors and then combine them in different ways to get new colors.

Here are some of the yarns I have dyed. You'll notice a lot of pastels. Someone on Ravelry called me the Pastel Queen, and I think that might be accurate.

I am so honored to be a part of the Fiber Baristas. What a group of professional, talented women! I hope you share our journey through our various states and countries.

3 comments:

RoxanneZYG said...

Lovely Ruth! You dye pastels in such a wonderful way...love that collage!

baresheep said...

PQ!!! I love all of your pastel goodness!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous stuff! No one rocks the pastels like you!